LIBRARY MULTI-PURPOSE ROOM POLICY
REPLACES: no previous policy exists
- The Uintah County Library Multipurpose Room is available for use by the library and the
community at large in conducting programs, activities and meetings under the conditions of
use outlined below.
- The Library Director will designate that library staff person(s) who will schedule and
coordinate use of the multipurpose room.
- Library activities shall take precedence in scheduling over nonlibrary programs.
- Uintah County Library encourages use of the library multipurpose room for community
activities, meetings, and programs.
- CONDITIONS OF USE
- The Uintah County Library Multipurpose Room is available for use by community social,
educational, governmental and cultural groups in so much as such meetings:
Are scheduled prior to the activity by contacting the designated library staff
person(s) and completing and returning to the staff the Multipurpose Room Use
- Are scheduled only within the normal operating hours of Uintah County Library.
- Are open to the public.
- Are noncommercial or non-revenue generating.
- Do not entail a cover charge or participation fee.
- Are held in a manner that does not infringe upon other library activities
- including patrons browsing library materials or the normal day-to-day operations of
- Meet library standards concerning the free expression of ideas and discussion.
- Meet accepted community standards with regard to subject matter.
- Does not infer library sponsorship or agreement with either the sponsoring
- organization or the ideas expressed at the meeting.
3. CANCELLATIONS OR REFUSALS
Uintah County Library may refuse to schedule meetings under the circumstances where:
- Planned meeting content does not meet library criteria.
- Event sponsors have previously failed to follow proscribed protocol as outlined
- in library policy.
- Refusals may be appealed to the library director and further to the library board of trustees.
- Decisions made by the board of trustees are final.
- The library may cancel an already scheduled event if there is a scheduling conflict or if information comes to light indicating that an already calendared meeting does not meet multipurpose room use criteria.
- Every effort will be made to notify the meeting group in a timelymanner of this cancellation. If a cancellation is made because of scheduling difficulties, efforts will be made to reschedule the event in another, non-conflicting time slot.
4. USE OF THE FACILITY AND EQUIPMENT
The individual signing the Multipurpose Room Use Request Form is responsible for
maintaining order at the meeting and insuring that the number of people in the multi-purpose
room does not exceed that allowed by the current fire code.
Organizers are encouraged to discuss their equipment needs with the coordinating staff
person prior to scheduling. Internet access may be available for meeting groups, provided that:
- The library can make internet services available in a reasonable and timely fashion.
- Such internet access does not represent a security threat to the existing library network.
- Groups must supply their own computer equipment.
While library chairs and tables are available for group use, the group assumes responsibility for
setting these up prior to the meeting and putting these away following the meeting. The library
multipurpose room must be left in a preevent condition.
Kitchen facilities are not available. Light refreshments may be served as long as reasonable
efforts are made to clean up the facility following the meeting.
Uintah County Library assumes no responsibility either for the use of the facility or the ideas
expressed within. Individuals and groups using the library multipurpose room do so at their own
DATE ADOPTED: July 27, 2005